Gender Discrimination Law
For nearly two decades, the Rapaport Law Firm has relentlessly dedicated itself to eliminating gender discrimination in the workplace. No employee should be harassed, victimized, or treated differently because of his or her gender.
Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as well as the New York State Human Rights Law and the New York City Human Rights Law, employees victimized by gender discrimination are entitled to monetary and injunctive relief. Gender discrimination can take a variety of forms, including:
- Hiring, firing, or disciplining an employee based on that employee’s gender.
- Disparate pay, compensation, or benefits based on gender.
- Restricting advancement opportunities to members of one sex.
- Harassment, abuse, or molestation because of one’s gender.
- Requesting that an employee perform sexual acts for advancement or promotion opportunities.
- Requiring employees to conform to gender stereotypes.
Unfortunately, gender discrimination is still rampant in the workplace. If you believe you are a victimof gender discrimination or sexual harassment, please contact us today.