New York City Sexual Harassment Attorneys Protecting Your Rights as an Employee | Gender Discrimination Lawyer for Employees in NYC
The labor & employment law Attorneys at the Rapaport Law Firm, PLLC focus on sexual harassment and employment discrimination law in New York City. Many of our employment law legal cases involve claims and lawsuits that seek damages for sexual harassment, gender discrimination, hostile work environment and pregnancy discrimination. Our labor & employment law has extensive knowledge of New York City state and federal laws. Our New York employment lawyers have a track record of success since 1995. The vast majority of our cases are resolved through settlement discussions. Attorney Marc Rapaport is a Top Rate Lawyer by SuperLawyers, a distinction given only to the top 5% of lawyers in the nation.
For nearly two decades, the Rapaport Law Firm has relentlessly dedicated itself to eliminating gender discrimination in the workplace. No employee should be harassed, victimized, or treated differently because of his or her gender.
Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as well as the New York State Human Rights Law and the New York City Human Rights Law, employees victimized by gender discrimination are entitled to monetary and injunctive relief. Gender discrimination can take a variety of forms, including:
- Hiring, firing, or disciplining an employee based on that employee’s gender.
- Disparate pay, compensation, or benefits based on gender.
- Restricting advancement opportunities to members of one sex.
- Harassment, abuse, or molestation because of one’s gender.
- Requesting that an employee perform sexual acts for advancement or promotion opportunities.
- Requiring employees to conform to gender stereotypes.
Unfortunately, gender discrimination is still rampant in the workplace. If you believe you are a victimof gender discrimination or sexual harassment, please contact us today.